Why Ready, Set, Food!?
Learn why Ready, Set, Food! is a safe and easy option for introducing allergens to your baby.
- Easy bottle introduction
- Evidence-based and developed by doctors
- Made by parents, focused on what parents would want
- Eliminates guesswork
Easy to sustain exposure
Why Ready, Set, Food for Early Allergen Introduction?
1. Easy bottle introduction: Feed allergens through a bottle to make it as easy as possible to follow new medical guidelines. Guidelines from the American Academy of Pediatrics and National Institutes of Health recommend introducing babies to peanut, egg, and milk as early as 4-6 months of age.
After all, around this age, babies enter a critical immune window where introducing these foods helps build their tolerance to them. But many babies aren't ready for solid foods at this early age. Ready, Set, Food! lets you introduce peanut, egg, and milk as early as 4 months of age, through our innovative bottle introduction -- simply add Ready, Set, Food! to formula, breastmilk, or food.
2. Evidence-based and developed by doctors: Our evidence-based approach uses exact dosing to be effective and introduces each allergen with a small dose, then waiting 4 days before the next one (following "one at a time" guidelines). Therefore, our dosage is gentler and safer than doing allergen introduction on your own.
3. Made by parents, focused on what parents would want: Ready, Set, Food! is 100% organic, non-GMO peanut, egg, and milk, with no sugar or additives.
4. Eliminates guesswork: Thanks to our pre-measured stick packs, you can feel confident that your baby is getting the right amounts of peanut, egg, and milk. You won't have to spend valuable time guessing and measuring out these foods, or worrying about whether you've fed your baby the right amounts, like you would with a DIY approach.
5. Easy to sustain exposure: Introducing peanut, egg, and milk to your baby just once or twice is not enough. In the landmark clinical studies, babies consumed these foods 2-7 times per week for 3-6 months (or more). So, sustaining exposure to these foods---feeding them to your baby multiple times a week for at least several months---is just as important as starting early.
But since many babies are picky eaters, consistently feeding them anything can be nearly impossible. In fact, in one of the clinical studies (the EAT study), over half of the families weren't able to sustain the exposure needed. With Ready, Set, Food!, it's easy to sustain exposure because the powder easily dissolves into your baby's bottle or puree.
Why Ready, Set, Food! for babies with eczema?
Eczema is the most important risk factor for food allergies. Babies with eczema have the highest risk of developing a food allergy---up to an 8x higher risk than babies without eczema.
Up to 67% of infants with severe eczema and 25% of infants with mild eczema will develop a food allergy. Because of this, guidelines from the AAP recommend introducing infants with severe eczema to allergens like peanut at 4-6 months of age.
However, many infants are not ready for solid foods at 4 months of age. Our system of bottle introduction ensures that parents can introduce allergens easily and safely.
Why Ready, Set, Food! for babies with a family member who has a food allergy?
Family history of food allergy is the second most important factor in determining a baby’s food allergy risk. Babies with a family history of food allergy have an increased risk of developing food allergies, so early allergen introduction is vital.
Ready, Set, Food! helps you safely introduce peanut, egg, and milk to your baby, while making sure other family members don't come in contact with the food(s) they're allergic to. We've designed our packets to be easily poured directly into your baby’s bottle or mixed into solid food, without contact with the powder itself.
You can pour our individually sealed, foil-lined packets of pre-measured powder directly into your baby's bowl or bottle, so the peanut, egg, and milk powder touches as few surfaces as possible. This greatly reduces the chance of cross-contamination and exposure of at-risk family members to their allergens.
Learn more about safely using Ready, Set, Food! when a family member has a food allergy.
Why Ready, Set, Food! for exclusively breastfed babies?
Learn more about breastfeeding and food allergies here.
A Note About Mixing Ready, Set, Food! With Breastmilk - It is a common misconception that shaking breast milk is harmful to the nutrients and that it is better to swirl. The truth is, there isn’t any evidence to support the claim that shaking is more harmful and that you should swirl breastmilk. To ensure you are effectively providing Ready, Set, Food! to your baby's meals, shake the bottle for at least 5-10 seconds prior to feeding.
Ready, Set, Food! - Designed for Every Family
We designed Ready, Set, Food! with every family in mind. Ready, Set, Food! adapts to every feeding routine, because it easily mixes with breastmilk, formula, or your baby’s favorite puree.
All health-related content on this website is for informational purposes only and does not create a doctor-patient relationship. Always seek the advice of your own pediatrician in connection with any questions regarding your baby’s health.
These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. Products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease. If your infant has severe eczema, check with your infant’s healthcare provider before feeding foods containing ground peanuts.